Friday, February 26, 2010

Love for a bride-groom

Matthew 7:21-23

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

In marriage, a woman may take on her husband's name, but this does not prove her love for him. This only says, "I want the world to see that I am a bride. I wear my ring, I have his name."

A name does not prove a love. Love must be sincere, cultivated both inside and out. This is the importance of relationship, it is the cultivation of this love.

Shall we then say this: religion is the outward, corporate gathering as a community inspired by inward, personal cultivation.

Cultivate your life with Christ as an individual, share that life as a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment