Thursday, August 12, 2010

Morning Prayer

After only a little more than a week and a half of waking up at 5:30 to read and pray I am more assured of God's magnificence and of the impossible idea of fully comprehending that magnificence than ever before. I do fully anticipate that with each moment of the day I will gain a new closeness to God and with each morning of prayer I will gain a new understanding and renewed direction from God. I am primed every morning with prayer. My morning prayer is radical because it is faith filled and full of anticipation for God's work. That same faith and anticipation set me ready and primed, sets on the edge of prayer, prepared to commune again and again.

Every morning when I rise I celebrate God. I begin the pray with earnest thanks and continued prayer for forgiveness for whatever sins I am not yet aware of and the ones which I fully recognize. Then I begin to pray for every need I can recall or have written down for both myself and others-this is when I feel the earth begin to move. It is not the same ground that I stand on or the ground my house is upon. No one is woken up in this quake, no one except me. Whatever mountain which has grown up in my heart since last I prayed is shoved into an ocean I'll never see. Every moment is precious and faith filled, not faith which I have grown but faith which God has planted in me.

Of course, with every moment of new growth a new mole hill (or perhaps even a mountain) rises again. This is of no concern, and the issue's size is of no consequence- my faith, and more than that, my God are not concerned with the size of the moutain- it will be moved. Every doubt which waves its ugly head is once again cast aside, for I know that "the testing of your faith produces steadfastness" (James 1:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment